THURROCK ACORNS Amateur Radio Club (GX4HKO*) is based 20 miles (32 kilometres) east of London, England, near Grays town center in the county of Essex. Meetings are normally on the third Tuesday of each month.
WHAT IS AMATEUR RADIO? Our leaflet gives a brief overview the hobby.
INTERESTED IN JOINING? Come to a meeting as a visitor and if you want to join ask the secretary for a Member details form or download a copy here. Visitors from other clubs are welcome.
DETAILS OF PREVIOUS events (like those pictured here) and the monthly meetings are listed the Activity logs.
EVENTS FOR 2015
- ESSEX 2m FM ACTIVITY AFTERNOON – 28th March, 13.00-16.00hrs
- INTERMEDIATE EXAM – 31st March
- BLETCHLEY PARK visit – 18th April
- JAMBOREE ON THE AIR (JOTA) – 17th-18th October
PROVISIONAL EVENTS FOR 2015
- TRAINING SESSIONS
- RSPB and/or EWT
- FIELD DAYS
- HMS BELFAST operating day
- KELVEDON SECRET NUCLEAR BUNKER visit
- HAMFEST visit
- DIRECTION FINDING
- MUSEUMS ON THE AIR – 20th-21st and/or 27th-28th of June
- ARMED FORCES DAY – 27th June
TOPICS FOR 2015 MEETINGS
- BUILDING A SUCCESSFUL REMOTELY OPERATED STATION by John (G4SWX) – 19th of May
- QUIZ NIGHT and social evening – provisionally 16th of June
- DATA/DIGITAL MODES and control software, an overview
- ATV (Amateur Television)
- ASTRONOMY (optical and simple radio telescopes)
- MOON BOUNCE (using the surface of the moon to increase the signal distance)
- FOX HUNT (Amateur radio direction finding)