THURROCK ACORNS Amateur Radio Club (G4HKO*) is based 20 miles (32 kilometres) east of London, England, near Grays town center in the county of Essex. Meetings are normally on the third Tuesday of each month.
WHAT IS AMATEUR RADIO? Our leaflet gives a brief overview the hobby.
INTERESTED IN JOINING? Come to a meeting as a visitor and if you want to join ask the secretary for a Member details form or download a copy here. Visitors from other clubs are welcome.
THE JANUARY MEETING will be on the 13th NOT the 20th, returning to normal in February 2005. The doors will open for a 20:00 start until 22:00. Details of the venue can be found here.
2 METRE NET each Thursday at 19:45 starting on 145.500 MHz and moving to a clear frequency.
DETAILS OF PREVIOUS meetings and events (like those pictured above) can be found on the activity log page.
- World Thinking Day (WTD) Next year the club is planning to run a station for The Guide Association on Sunday 22nd February 2015 in support of the event. For more about WTD please visit the WTD Website.
FUTURE MEETINGS will feature a talk, a demonstration or a discussion, often by a guest speaker, on one of the topics listed below.
(List subject to change for the new year)
- SSTV (Slow Scan TV)
- DX (long distance (outside Europe) communication)
- CW (Morse Code)
- OPERATING PRACTICES (Etiquette, Q codes, band plans etc)
- ASTRONOMY (optical and simple radio telescopes)
- MOON BOUNCE
- COMPUTER PROGRAMS
- FIELD DAYS
- FOX HUNT (Amateur radio direction finding)