Club callsign: G4HKO*
LOCATED ABOUT 20 miles (32 kilometres) east of London, England, near Grays town center in the county of Essex.
ANYONE INTERESTED in any aspect of Amateur Radio from shortwave listener to experienced operator is invited to apply for membership. Come to a meeting and if you want to join ask the Membership Secretary for a Member details form or download a copy. Visitors from other clubs are welcome.
MEETINGS ARE held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month.
NEXT MEETING will be Tuesday the 20th of May 2014, see below for the topic.
The doors will be opened for a 20:00 start until 22:00. Details of the venue can be found here.
2 METRE NET each Thursday at 19:30 starting on 145.500 MHz and moving to a clear frequency.
We aim to “share the chair” and encourage volunteers to have a go especially newcomers to the hobby. Would you like to be net controller next Thursday?
MEETINGS WILL feature a talk, a demonstration or a discussion on one of the following topics:
- RSGB (the benefits, resources and support it provides to members & clubs) – 20th May 2014
- SSTV (Slow Scan TV)
- ANTENNAS & FEEDERS (Simple and more complex systems)
- DX (long distance (outside Europe) communication)
- CW (Morse Code)
- OPERATING PRACTICES (Etiquette, Q codes, band plans etc)
- CONSTRUCTION (techniques and projects)
- ASTRONOMY (optical and simple radio telescopes)
- MOON BOUNCE
- COMPUTER PROGRAMS
- METEOROLOGICAL BALLOONS – Provisionally 21st October 2014
- JOTA (Scouts Jamboree on the Air) – 18th & 19th October 2014
- FIELD DAYS
- FOX HUNT (Amateur radio direction finding)
PREVIOUS MEETINGS featured the following topics:
- RAYNET (Radio Amateurs’ Emergency Network) – 18th February 2014
- DATA MODES (RTTY, PSK, MFSK, D-STAR etc) – 18th March 2014
- MARINE RADIO (development of ships radio from the early days) – 15th April 2014