LOCATED ABOUT 20 miles (32 kilometres) east of London, England, near Grays town center in the county of Essex. Anyone interested in any aspect of Amateur Radio from shortwave listener to experienced operator is invited to apply for membership. Visitors from other clubs are welcome.
NEXT MEETING will be Tuesday the 18th of March 2014.
Come to a meeting and if you want to join ask the Membership Secretary for a Member details form or download a copy. Details of the venue can be found here.
2 METRE NET each Thursday from 19:30 to 20:00. Please join us, we aim to “share the chair” and encourage volunteers to have a go especially newcomers to the hobby. Would you like to be net controller on Thursday?
TRAINING CAN be facilitated for all three levels of amateur radio exams.
MEETINGS ARE on the 3rd Tuesday of each month.
The doors will be opened for a 20:00 start until 22:00. Please avoid arriving earlier.
MEETINGS WILL include a talk, a demonstration or discussion on one of the following topics:
- RAYNET (Radio Amateurs’ Emergency Network) – 18th February
- Data Modes (RTTY, PSK, MFSK, D-STAR etc) – 18th March 2014
- Marine Radio (development of ships radio from the early days) – Provisionally 15th April 2014
- SSTV (Slow Scan TV)
- Antennas and Feeders (Simple and more complex systems)
- DX (long distance (outside Europe) communication)
- CW (Morse Code)
- Operating Practices (Etiquette, Q codes, band plans etc)
- Astronomy (optical and simple radio telescopes)
- Moon Bounce
- Computer Programs
- National Science & Engineering Week More information – 14th to 23rd March 2014
- JOTA (Scouts Jamboree on the Air) – 18th & 19th October 2014
- Field Day
- Fox Hunt (Amateur radio direction finding)